Habitat for Humanity Upper Fraser Valley partners with families who are ready for the responsibility and challenges of homeownership, but would not qualify for a traditional mortgage.
We sell homes to families using a no-interest, no-down payment mortgage with adjustable monthly payments of no more than 30% of the total family income. Our model not only helps to provide affordable housing for families in need, it enables families to build assets and break the cycle of poverty.
How to apply for a Habitat Home:
- Fill out the Partner Family Pre-screening Form here to determine your eligibility.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in a Habitat Home.
- Attend a Habitat for Humanity Upper Fraser Valley Family Information Meeting.
- Fill out an application.
Families interested in applying for a home must first attend an information session, which outlines the steps to Habitat Homeownership. Applications for housing partnerships will only be provided to those who attend the information session.
We operate in the Fraser Valley, however we only have builds planned for Abbotsford and Mission. If you live in either Mission or Abbotsford and are interested in applying for a Habitat Home, please fill out our Partner Family Pre-Screening Form to see if you meet the basic requirements then send an email to email@example.com expressing your interest in a Habitat Home and to receive updates. If you live in the Fraser Valley but do not live in either Mission or Abbotsford please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request updates and we will let you know when we are planning to build in your area. Once you have attended a Habitat for Humanity Upper Fraser Valley Family Information Meeting you will be able to fill out an application.
- Must have children that will benefit from a stable, affordable home
- Existing living conditions are inadequate in terms of structure, safety or size
- Rental cost is more than 30% of total combined family income
Ability to pay
- At least one adult member of the household must be employed full-time and show a consistent work history
- Your annual family income must fall within the low-income range, as determined by Habitat for Humanity Upper Fraser Valley
- You must have a good credit rating and not have an overwhelming amount of debt
- Each family member is either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Your family has lived in the specific region in which you wish to apply for at least two years
Willingness to Partner
- Once accepted into the program, each family must be willing to contribute 500 hours of “sweat equity” towards building their own home or for other Habitat projects
- You are willing to participate in Habitat’s Family Partner Program, which offers support and guidance in all aspects of homeownership
- You are willing to act as an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity Upper Fraser Valley